The Cost of War

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

The Cost of War

Сообщение DeJaVu » 17 апр 2008, 09:08

[14 November 3071; Sheratan Bugler] Do any of you remember when we were explorers? When we directed our energies toward trying to understand nature and the universe, and not toward destroying ourselves? When the greatest minds of the human race created miracles like the Kearny-Fuchida drive or the hyperpulse generator? Fusion power? Solar sails?
Изображение
Of course not. We’re too busy building a longer-lasting light bulb, or whatever new trick the military is cooking up to waste our tax dollars redesigning the wheel of death. Man has been killing man as long as there have been men, but of course we can’t just leave good enough alone. Swords. Guns. Lasers. Nuclear missiles. Giant space battlecruisers. BattleMechs. Chemical weapons. And for what?

If we’ve learned anything about the universe its that worlds are plentiful, and usually empty, and all we have to do to find peace is move just a little farther away from each other. Instead of going out and finding new worlds and new homes, we have to squabble over the ones we already have. “No, I don’t want something new,” we keep saying. “I want this patch of land. I want his set of problems. And I’m willing to kill you to keep it.”

Until we’re willing to find our own peace, we’ll never convince our governments. Take the first step: condemn warfare and violence, and help us end this Jihad and all the others to come. Help us save ourselves, because only in peace can we flourish, and only in peace will we survive.

--the previous advertisement was paid for by Humanity, NOW!, a recognized non-profit organization in the Federated Suns, Lyran Alliance, and Free Worlds League, and a listed subversive organization in the Capellan Confederation. The views espoused within do not reflect the views of the publication or its owners.
DeJaVu

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech