I KILLED MY FIRST DRAC TODAY

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

I KILLED MY FIRST DRAC TODAY

Сообщение DeJaVu » 23 янв 2009, 13:05

22 January 3073 FSN is pleased to publish this fifteen-part excerpt of a journal recently unearthed on Kentares, dating from the Kentares Massacre itself. In these dark times, the knowledge that we have always fought against the darkness is comforting as we fight against the encroaching zealotry of the Word of Blake.
I killed my first Drac today.
We found a couple of them looting a hunting cabin, about six miles from the mine. George heard them first, breaking the glass. We dropped our packs and snuck up on them, waiting. It only took them about five minutes to get bored—we’d already cleaned that cabin out, weeks ago—and we knew there was only one door. There were four of them, and they weren’t expecting us.
The rifles weren’t nearly as loud in the open air as they had been in the mine. That was the first thing I thought as we opened up on them, three machine guns against four men with arms slung. I know I killed the first one, but even George and Marley can’t agree on who got which of the other three. All I know if that they’re dead, and we’re not, and now we have two Drac radios to listen to, assuming anyone in the mine can understand Japanese.
I expected it to feel different. I expected to feel triumph, to feel elation, to feel something other than the dull tiredness that shook me as I stood over the body of the Drac I killed. He was maybe twenty-four, twenty-five years old. Looked young, of course—they all do, its those damn Asian genes—but I could tell. He’d managed to get his pistol out of his holster, fired a couple rounds into the grass next to him.
It doesn’t hurt any less. I don’t know what to think about that.
DeJaVu

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech