Capellan Mean Machine

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

Capellan Mean Machine

Сообщение DeJaVu » 09 июл 2008, 04:31

PHOENIX HAWK

Type/Model: PXH-5L Phoenix Hawk
Mass: 45 tons
Chassis: Ceresplex IV Endo Steel
Power Plant: Warner 270M Fusion
Walking Speed: 65 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97 km/h
Jump Jets: Anderson Propulsion 30
Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armor Type: Ceres Metals Stealth Armor
Armament: 1 Ceres Arms Crusher Plasma Rifle
2 Ceres Arms Extended Range Medium Lasers

Manufacturer: Ceres Metals Industries
Primary Factory: St. Ives
Communications System: Ceres Metals Model 686 with Guardian ECM
Targeting & Tracking System: Apple Churchill 2000

The Capellans, bless their treacherous little hearts, have had great success with their stealth-armored BattleMechs. Lances of these specially-equipped ’Mechs made quite an impression during the Confederation’s incursion into the Capellan March, but like any good tinkerers, the Strategios ordered their weapons designers to also evaluate existing machines and apply new technologies to them.
That way, when they get tired of acting civilized and stab their Trinity partners in the soft parts, they’ll have all the neat toys.
A new version of the Phoenix Hawk was almost a given. The early successes of the St. Ives-built -4L model made it certain that engineers would tweak it, trying to make it just a little bit better. Working from reports of the fighting on Taygeta and New Syrtis, they’ve replaced the -4L’s large laser with a new Crusher Plasma Rifle. I’ve seen mention of this weapon from a variety of sources, both Capellan and Blakist, and by all accounts it’s a killer. To make room for this weapon and its load of ammunition, the earlier variant’s machine guns and a jump jet had to be removed, but the plasma rifle is such a powerful equalizer that most of the test pilots never complained.
(You want to read something fun, by the way? Try getting through the jargon of Ceres’ test pilots while you’re looking for tidbits of production and details. For guys supposed to be putting these new machines through their paces, they leave out a lot of detail!)
In Kurita space a new variant is beginning to take the fight back to the jihadists. A snub-nose PPC give this new PXH a serious strike at close ranges, and the new light ferro-fibrous armor just coming online gives it a bit more protection with a bit less cost. A light fusion engine provides power without taking up too much mass, but the key to this new Phoenix Hawk’s success will undoubtedly be the massive improved jump jets that enable it to reach close ranges where the Lord’s Light snub-nose will do incredible damage.
I haven’t seen any live-action reports, but from past experience I expect the Liaos will keep their new PXHs to their Shadow Lances. It makes sense to me—and to the MechWarriors I talk to—to pair this with at least one support ’Mech, so it can get in close where the plasma rifle can’t miss. Maybe even some battle armor teams; exploit the big hits and heat burden of its targets!
In Kurita space, I’m sure it will be the same old thing: get close, keep moving, and blow them all to hell!
DeJaVu

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech