BattleBlog - The BattleTech Bibliography - 28 мая 2009

Форум для обсуждения Battletech в целом.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

BattleBlog - The BattleTech Bibliography - 28 мая 2009

Сообщение DeJaVu » 28 май 2009, 22:08

So not to sound long in the tooth, but I've walked lock-step with BattleTech for 23 years now, purchasing (or receiving) everything published for BattleTech by FASA/FanPro/WizKids/Catalyst. I've also got a good pile of other licensed products, from 95% of the computer games, to mugs and key chains, magazines to comic books, toys to likely one of the rarest BattleTech items, an Atlas snow globe from FASA Interactive Technologies. So behind me are literally shelves of stuff. And much to my wife's horror a year or so ago I decided to see how many posters I have...almost the entire ceiling of my office was wall-papered for a short time.

So, my excitement for the 25 Years of Art & Fiction book has almost completely been devoted to the art, as well as the 18 all original fiction stories. However, in the last few days I've gotten in proof copies of the BattleTech FASA/FanPro/WizKids/Catalyst bibliography, as well as the computer game bibliography. And what do you know...I'm now every bit as excited for those sections as well.

For the former, every single item contains a short description, year published, as well as era branding icons for what parts of the universe time frame are covered. And while we couldn't possibly have the room to fit all the covers, there is a nice selection to show the progression over the years. Total page count: 27.

For the computer games, since they've reached such a massive market and often heralded new and innovative design features, we've spent the time to firmly document the development of every computer game for BattleTech, including when it was published, by who and for what platforms. Total page count: 9.

Seeing all that BattleTech has done for 25 years laid out in such a sexy fashion...and knowing there appears to be no stopping it and it could roll forward for another 25...geeks been on like crazy for days and thought I'd share.

See ya next time.
Randall
DeJaVu

Вернуться в Общий форум